I don’t care who you are, so long as you possess the cuntmentality. I want you naked. I want you clothed. I want your stories. I want your differences. I want you just the way you are and I want you on this blog.
Outside Tumblr Contact: Anon submissions can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This blog is owned and operated by a bad ass genderqueer who uses they/them pronouns or any gender-neutral pronoun.
What's the Cuntmentality anyway?
A few things first. You don’t have to own a cunt to have the Cuntmentality or even want one. Cunts exist all across the gender spectrum, and affect a wide variety of people. Though just a disclaimer, cis men should tread carefully here, I don't have time to hold your hand and break that down for you.
The Cuntmentality is raw power, derived from a sea of unlimited thoughts, experiences, opinions, fears, dreams, goals, and so forth. It is a call to remove genitals from gender, for cunts are not wed to only one dot in the entire Universe of Gender. It is an idea, an undying answer to those who are need of a safe space, of acceptance and acknowledgement of your pain or shared with others like you. It is the force that bashes back, that doesn't give in, that raises a fist against every oppressive force trying to drive you back into the cultural rot so you can degrade in ignorance and in false messages that claim you're unworthy or that who you are isn't good enough. This is you, this is me, this is every follower that I have in a collective of uncensored beauty that doesn't follow the direction label of the magazine rack. This is the be who the fuck you want to be so long as you're not hurting anyone else mentality. This is the stand up for the people around you mentality. The fuck you I'm queer mentality. The I don't always love myself but today I might mentality. The I'm fucking fabulous mentality. This is the change in perception, the challenge of social norms that dictate how you think, and breathe, the acknowledgment of institutional oppression and every voice that has had the courage to speak up about it, mentality.
The world is unbalanced my friends. We have been lied to on countless occasions. Just know that here, you are never alone and that if you ever need it, I'm never too far. My ask is always open and you're more than welcome to add me on my messenger accounts.
tahlalaliaaa said: What ever amount of victim blaming shit you get I hope the support from the rest of your followers gives you something positive. There’s a lot of us willing to do what we can for you if you want anything. X
i really appreciate things like this. thank you so much.
if folks want to support this fight, i’m requesting a couple of things:
1) make sure you have your facts straight. read my gigantic explanatory post (here), and ira’s apologist post (here: be sure to read through the various notes on that post to get other people’s take on the situation). ASK about details before assuming!
2) stay aware of what’s going on. follow me, and check up on ira’s blog to see what bullshit he puts forth. keep an eye on the ira gray tag to see what other people are saying. when people say bullshit things, call them out. when people say cool things, reblog them. recognize that, as he has already, he WILL bring up my mental health, probably as soon as he responds. please stand with me when that happens and call out ableism where you see it.
3) reblog our open letter. this lists our demands to ira. we want this letter to get as much visibility as possible, including beyond tumblr and into his personal real-life spheres.
4) if you are involved in anything he’s involved with beyond tumblr, PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD about who he is and what he’s done. he has a facebook and a twitter: if you have access, call him out on those platforms as well. he also has other tumblr blogs: here, here, and here.
4) send us supportive messages. it makes getting the hate a lot easier. :D
5) write about this! put forward your thoughts and tag them “ira gray” and don’t forget to use trigger warnings as necessary.
6) make sure from now on, you go out of your way to support survivors who are dmab and of color. we have gotten SO much support from trans women and people of color, while white folks and trans men have been remarkably silent. realize that rape in queer communities doesn’t just happen to white dfab folks.
7) contact the organizations that empower him and ask them to stop. these groups include the self made men, one n ten, and arizona feminist action network. please reblog if there are others you know of with accessible contact pathways. :D
8) keep listening, keep writing, keep standing up, keep sitting down. learn when you’re supposed to learn. fight when you’re supposed to fight.
things to avoid:
1) calling for the involvement of the legal system. neither of us want to go through the harrowing process of prosecuting someone for rape. i have mental illness that would make that an incredibly hurtful experience for me. also, i generally don’t trust our criminal justice system to deliver anything near “justice.” this isn’t to shame survivors (particularly poc and trans folks) who want to involve the system. i, personally, do not want to.
2) sending ira abusive anonymous messages. the angrier he is, the more he is going to come after us. as i’ve said before, he has information about my mental health that i’m sure he’s going to try to smear me with. if you want to call him out, please do so on your own blog, with your own name tied to it, so i don’t have to handle the fallout from your actions. i appreciate the sentiment behind sending people anonymous abuse, and i’m not saying he doesn’t deserve it. however, i would feel SO MUCH more comfortable and encouraged by your non-anonymous support.
3) co-opting this for your own bigoted purposes (TW: radscum, cissexism). really, just no.
CHEERS! thank you so much for your help and support here. it really means a lot to me, and i know it means a lot to his other abused partners too. i love you all and really really appreciate the love i’ve been getting. thank you so much for your continued help.
oh! and please reblog this post. :D
Seeking submissions for Purge Zine, Issue One: Survivors of Sexual Assault
–verb (used with object)
1. to rid of whatever is impure or undesirable; cleanse; purify.
2. to rid, clear, or free (usually fol. by of or from ): to purge a political party of disloyal members.
3. to clear of imputed guilt or ritual uncleanliness.
4. to clear away or wipe out legally (an offense, accusation, etc.) by atonement or other suitable action.
5. to remove by cleansing or purifying (often fol. by away, off, or out ).
I’m constructing issue one of Purge zine, and I’m looking for your story; I’m going to immortalize our collective voice as survivors of sexual assault. You can submit anonymously or include as much personal information as you want for publication in the zine (name, gender, age, location, email, anything else you want to share!). The point is to get these stories off of our chests and to be made stronger by sharing them. Please write to me at email@example.com, even if you’d rather not submit to the zine but just want to talk. I’m here for you. We’re in this together.
I really can’t believe that I have to explain this. I’m appalled by the videos and pictures that I’ve seen. I mean really? This is dressing up pedophilia - the rape of a child, and in these videos I’ve seen girls and boys as young as fucking three - as a cute, lovable, and funny animated character. Not just any animated character, a bear. A bear that is often used as something to represent a snuggly, warm, and comforting object to a child. Now we’ve turned something that is suppose to be comforting, into a joke about raping and/or molestation of a kid.
This is utterly revolting. The worst part is I’ve seen these pictures posted from self-described feminists or other social justice tumblrs. When you dress up this disgusting problem - which is something that everyone of us should be concerned about and fighting against - as nothing more than a funny cartoon to get a few shits and giggles out of, we forget the survivors. The victims. The people that are trying to seek inner closure, or to just be fucking heard for a change. To not have the worst experience of their life used as a punchline, to have it trivialized and as if it didn’t mean anything. Because most likely, if they sought justice or told anyone about it, that’s the response they will get.
To add on to that, we’re making it seem like this is acceptable behavior, and we’re just opening up more opportunities for it to continuously happen. No, I’m not saying that these images and videos are going to jump through the screen and force a thought into someone’s head to go out and rape someone. I am stating that because we cannot, in unison, come to the understanding that pedophilia, rape, and molestation in any form, is a vile and atrocious act, and is wrong, we’re simply letting it be known that they probably won’t even be punished for it - either by their friends, their families, or even the state. And if they wanted, they could make a cute, animated bear doing the same horrid act they just did, so someone can have a good, fucking laugh.