I don’t care who you are, so long as you possess the cuntmentality. I want you naked. I want you clothed. I want your stories. I want your differences. I want you just the way you are and I want you on this blog.
Outside Tumblr Contact: Anon submissions can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This blog is owned and operated by a bad ass genderqueer who uses they/them pronouns or any gender-neutral pronoun.
What's the Cuntmentality anyway?
A few things first. You don’t have to own a cunt to have the Cuntmentality or even want one. Cunts exist all across the gender spectrum, and affect a wide variety of people. Though just a disclaimer, cis men should tread carefully here, I don't have time to hold your hand and break that down for you.
The Cuntmentality is raw power, derived from a sea of unlimited thoughts, experiences, opinions, fears, dreams, goals, and so forth. It is a call to remove genitals from gender, for cunts are not wed to only one dot in the entire Universe of Gender. It is an idea, an undying answer to those who are need of a safe space, of acceptance and acknowledgement of your pain or shared with others like you. It is the force that bashes back, that doesn't give in, that raises a fist against every oppressive force trying to drive you back into the cultural rot so you can degrade in ignorance and in false messages that claim you're unworthy or that who you are isn't good enough. This is you, this is me, this is every follower that I have in a collective of uncensored beauty that doesn't follow the direction label of the magazine rack. This is the be who the fuck you want to be so long as you're not hurting anyone else mentality. This is the stand up for the people around you mentality. The fuck you I'm queer mentality. The I don't always love myself but today I might mentality. The I'm fucking fabulous mentality. This is the change in perception, the challenge of social norms that dictate how you think, and breathe, the acknowledgment of institutional oppression and every voice that has had the courage to speak up about it, mentality.
The world is unbalanced my friends. We have been lied to on countless occasions. Just know that here, you are never alone and that if you ever need it, I'm never too far. My ask is always open and you're more than welcome to add me on my messenger accounts.
An Open Letter To Buck Angel:
The fact that you are in a position of power because you are so well known and regardless of whether you like it or not, you have media attention and people look to you as an important voice for the queer community. I am stating this because this is vital to what is happening right now.
It’s offensive and extremely disappointing to watch someone who calls themselves an advocate and ally state some pretty disgusting sentiments.
Before you dismiss this call out like you have to others, Buck, take a moment to really listen to critique’s and don’t lump anyone with a minute amount of dissent as hating you. Especially when it comes from within your own community.
You are pissed. It’s pretty obvious, even though you have a lot of supporters who would jump in immediately to state that you are in no way wrong, even some people of color saying that you aren’t racist or classist. I am here to remind you that one or a few people of color giving you a free pass does not equal a literal all clear free pass.
Having watched the critiques and then arguments unfold, I can’t help but have to call you out as well.
If you identify as an ally, advocate and educator. It is important that you do the internal work of being an ally and educate yourself properly. Listening to people of color when they tell you what you are doing is hurting them and is racist is a part of this. Listen. Instead of letting your anger come first over everything, if you truly are an ally, Listen to the people you are offending. Check your privilege & the fact that the statements you make that are racist, classist or misogynist will be called out and it isn’t as simple as “this person hates me” because you are being called out.
That’s the easy selfish way out. You have feelings yet, if you are an ally, you learn to deal with the anger you feel when being called out and you listen. You read the critiques and you work at changing what you are doing.
What You’re Doing Wrong & Are Being Called Out For:
- Taking critique as personal insult
- Not listening to people of color when they call you out on racism
- Not listening to people in general when they call you out on racism & classism
- Not being an true ally
- Instead of discussing or walking away, retorting to classist & racist statements like “Maybe that’s why you’re poor and need to beg for money” to insult a queer person of color who said they hated you. On top of it, posting their blog on your twitter so people would attack said queer person of color.
- Using tactics of oppression against people within your own community
- Not owning up to the statements you make and pretending that they are somehow loving and peaceful
- Threatening queer people of color for calling you out, more specifically threatening a queer woman of color
Also, there is no such thing as a “race card” Buck:BuckAngel Buck Angel®
@danny_waters @RyanStGermain what does color have to do with anything-using the race card is a bit racist don’t you think?
If a person of color tells you you are being racist, they don’t just say it for shits and giggles. In fact, as a queer person of color, I can say this is my life and I have the most knowledge when it comes to it and if I call someone out for being racist, it’s because they’re being racist. Because “color” may have NOTHING to do with your life and how people treat you, how they judge you, what jobs they may or may not hire you for, does not mean it is universally true for all.
You cannot call yourself an ally when you are using your own fame and privilege to hurt those within your own community.
ps: You are all welcome to reblog to add in commentary.
You know, I thought it was bad when Buck was defending Dan Savage, but the responses he’s sending to people are absolutely horrible. How can he claim to be an educator and advocate if he’s intentionally attacking and targeting a part of the community that is only speaking against him because of his harmful and oppressive behavior. This really, this just makes me sick.
Still on hiatus, but just back for a minute to signal boost my boo’s housing ad again. She’s still lookin!
PLEASE PLEASE SIGNAL BOOST IF YOU CAN
My beautiful amazing lovely boo is still looking for a roommate ASAP and it’s getting really down-to-the-wire. Anything helps. Her ad is pasted below, more photos and info at the link at the bottom!
Mixed race, queer artist/activist (writer, drummer, illustrator and filmmaker) looking for a clean, quiet, direct, but compassionate communicator to share an awesome 2-bedroom with near 13th Ave and E 33rd St. in Oakland.
- I am clean, quiet and considerate. I don’t smoke, drink or do drugs.
- I am 24 years old and currently work at a racial/environmental justice non-profit.
- I spend a lot of time with my partner. He is a white 21 year old trans guy. We are very stable and have been together for 2 years.
- $600, not including utilities.
- One bathroom, eat-in kitchen, small laundry room and a bright and SPACIOUS living room/dining room.
- Beautiful view of the sunset over the Bay on one side of the apartment and the Oakland hills on the other.
- No smokers and no pets, sorry!
You can view the full ad with photos at this link
If you’re interested please send me an email with some info about yourself and why you think we’d be a good fit at email@example.com
If y’all can signal boost this it would be super amazing!
So my partner and I are roadtripping from Boston, MA to Oakland, CA this December and we need a bit of help finding places to stay! We need a place to stay in
- FORT SMITH, Arkansas on Dec 29, 2011
- ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico on Dec 30th, 2011
- LAS VEGAS, Nevada on Dec 31st, 2011
- a 21 year old white, genderqueer, femme trans guy who is a student/artist/activist
- a 24 year old queer woman of color who is also an artist/activist
We’re both quiet, clean, and respectful. We don’t smoke or drink and we won’t have any pets with us.
Pluses! We would be stoked if
- you are also queer and/or trans* and/or of color (+allies!)
- you have a bed or couch to sleep on and not just a floor (we both have hella bad backs and will have been driving for a looong time)
- you have a sober and/or smoke free household (neither of us drink, and my asthma is triggered by smoke)
If your house doesn’t fit that criteria, but you’re down to house us, feel free to message me anyway! Those are just pluses, but our first priority is having somewhere to sleep :)
IF YOU MIGHT BE ABLE TO HOUSE US (or know someone who might) PLEASE DON’T REPLY IN MY ASK BOX! I’m going to be off tumblr for a bit and I won’t have access to my askbox.
Instead, you can email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a tumblr, feel free to link me to that as well!
Thanks for all your help <3